What we do
Enabling a better understanding of the importance of the spiritual dimension to the well-being of older people
- to educate, encourage and support volunteers, health and social care workers, members of faith communities and other agencies to increase their understanding of spiritual care and issues around ageing.
- to deliver events, courses and materials to meet identified need.
- to continue to build the capacity and efficiency of the organisation.
Faith in Older People works to attune people to the spiritual values of compassion, wisdom, truth, beauty, kindness and courage.
- Celebrate the lives of older people and increase understanding of what gives us a sense of meaning and purpose in life
- Discover ways to enable staff to relate meaningfully and give dignity and respect to older people and their families
- Explore varied and innovative activities, so that the older person is affirmed and their spirit lifted
- Share ideas and experience from different faith traditions about how they support their older members
- Undertake research to ascertain the spiritual care needs of older people and how they can best be met
- Listen to older people and discover their spiritual needs and aspirations